REGISTER FOR WORK: UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE (UI) CLAIMANTS
(Your resume must be available online for the entire period of your filing, otherwise your UI benefits may be discontinued)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTERING AND POSTING AN ONLINE RESUME
A. General Requirements: If you are filing for Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, you are required to register for work and post an online resume in HireNet Hawaii in order to be fully registered. You are required to post your online resume in HireNet Hawaii for the entire time you are filing for UI benefits. The online resume will be viewed by employers and must be posted within 7 days of filing your UI claim. Resumes are online for 12 months after posting. If you file for UI longer than 12 months, then you must update and save your current resume or prepare a new resume and post that before the current online resume expires. If you do not register in HireNet Hawaii and have an online resume, your UI benefits may be denied or discontinued.
To register in HireNet Hawaii, you will need to use a computer with an Internet connection. If you don’t have access to one, visit the public libraries or One-Stop Centers. If you need help with posting your resume, visit a One-Stop Center.
B. If you registered before:You will need your login with your user name and password. If you lost or forgot your username and/or password, they can be requested through HireNet Hawaii or by visiting a One-Stop Center.
1) Go to General Information in your HireNet Hawaii account and check to see that “Yes, Claimant, not referred by WPRS” is selected in the Unemployment Insurance status. If it isn’t, go ahead and select it from the drop down box.
2) Go to Background and update your background information. Make sure it contains the required information listed in #8 below. (If you do not complete the Background, your UI benefits may be delayed or denied.)
3) Go to Resumes to update and post your resume on-line. (It is a requirement for UI claimants to have an online resume.)
C. If you never registered before:Follow these step-by-step instructions, only if you are not already registered in HireNet Hawaii:
1) Go to HireNet Hawaii www.hirenethawaii.com. Under the Username field, click Not Registered?.
2) In Option 2- Create a User Account, Click Individual.
3) Click I Agree, if you agree with the Privacy Agreement and to proceed with your registration.
4) Enter information to establish a log-in username and password. (Keep them handy: You will need them to access HireNet Hawaii in the future.)
5) At a minimum, complete all fields with red asterisks and complete items in step 13 below.
6) Provide at least one method of contact. If you don’t have an email address, click Email and a pop up window will assist you in creating an email account.
7) In response to “Are you receiving Unemployment Insurance?” select Yes, Claimant, not referred by WPRS.
8) Go to Background and fill in all fields (i.e. education, licenses, employment history, etc.) to be eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits. (If you do not complete the Background, your UI benefits may be delayed or denied.)
9) Click Resume Builder. (It is a requirement for UI claimants to have an online resume.)
10) Click Create New Resume.
11) Select either Manual Format, Automated Entry or Copy-and-Paste Format. Enter a title in Resume Title.
12) A pop up message will indicate your resume will be online. Click OK.
13) Whether you select Manual Format, Automated Entry or Copy-and-Paste Format, your resumes are required to display the following information to be eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits.
> Desired Location > Desired Availability
> Occupational Licenses, if any > Desired Occupation
> Driver’s License > Desired Salary
> Education > Job Skills/Abilities
> Prior Employment History and Work Duties
14) Follow all prompts to complete your resume, including all items in step 13.
15) At the bottom of the Completed Resume Page, click Save Resume and Return.
Congratulations, you’ve posted an online resume! To print your resume, scroll to the bottom of the resume page and click “Print.”
D. Reminders: Be sure to update your background information and resume as changes occur. You’re not required to print your resume, but probably will find it helpful for future reference.