REGISTER FOR WORK: UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE (UI) CLAIMANTS
(Your resume must be available online for the entire period of your filing, otherwise your UI benefits may be discontinued)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTERING AND POSTING AN ONLINE RESUME
A. General Requirements: If you are filing for Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, you are required to register for work and post an online resume in HireNet Hawaii in order to be considered fully registered. You are required to have an active online resume in HireNet Hawaii for the entire time you are filing for UI benefits. Your online resume must be posted within 7 days of filing your UI claim. Online resumes expire 12 months after posting. If you continue to file after the expiration date, you must either update and save your current resume or prepare a new resume and post that before the current online resume expires. If you do not register in HireNet Hawaii and do not have an online resume, your UI benefits may be denied or discontinued.
B. If you registered before: You will need your login with your user name and password. If you lost or forgot your username and/or password, they can be requested through HireNet Hawaii or by visiting a One-Stop Center.
1) Go to Background tab, located at the top of the screen and update your background information. Fill in or update all fields (i.e. education, licenses, employment history, desired occupation, etc.). (If you do not complete the Background information, your UI benefits may be delayed or denied.)
2) Return to “My Dashboard” and click on “View Your Employment Plan.” This will take you to your resume on file. To fulfill the UI requirements on a new claim, you must have an unexpired online resume listed, or create a new resume. If you update a resume, the resume expiration date moves to one year from the update. To update a resume, select the action “Edit” and click on the underlined headings to update information. To create a new resume, click on “Create a new Resume". (It is an eligibility requirement for UI claimants to have an active online resume.)
C. If this is the first time you are registering in HireNet Hawaii, follow these step-by-step instructions:
1) Go to HireNet Hawaii www.hirenethawaii.com. Under the Username field, click Not Registered?.
2) In Option 2- Create a User Account, Click Individual.
3) Click I Agree, if you agree with the Privacy Agreement and to proceed with your registration.
4) Enter information to create a log-in username and password. (Keep them handy: You will need them to access HireNet Hawaii in the future.)
5) At a minimum, complete all fields with a red asterisk. There will be numerous pages to complete. Your Name and Address fields should be entered as it appears on your Unemployment Insurance Claim. If your personal information changes, you must update your HireNet Hawaii registration.
6) Provide at least one method of contact. If you don’t have an email address, click Email and a pop up window will assist you in creating an email account.
7) In response to “Are you receiving Unemployment Insurance?” select Yes, Claimant, not referred by WPRS.
8) There will be a button that says “Finish,” this means the registration is finished. You still need to complete and post a resume on this site. If this is not completed, your UI benefits may be delayed or denied.
9) Click on My Individual Profiles/Personal Profile/Background tab. Fill in all applicable fields (i.e. education, licenses, employment history, etc.). This must be completed to be eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits. (If you do not complete the Background page, your UI benefits may be delayed or denied.)
10) Click Resume Builder. (It is a requirement for UI claimants to have an active online resume posted in HireNet Hawaii for the entire time you are filing for UI benefits.)
11) Click Create New Resume.
12) Select either Comprehensive, Upload, Copy-and-Paste or Copy Existing Format. Enter a title in Resume Title.
13) A pop up message will indicate your resume will be online. Click OK. To be eligible for UI benefits, your resume must be online. If, for any reason, you elect to take your resume offline while collecting UI benefits, notify your local UI claims office.
14) Whether you select Comprehensive, Upload, Copy-and-Paste or Copy Existing Format, your resumes are required to display the following information to be eligible for Unemployment Insurance benefits.
> Name > Contact Information
> Desired Location > Desired Availability
> Occupational Licenses, if any > Desired Occupation
> Driver’s License > Desired Salary
> Education > Job Skills/Abilities
> Prior Employment History and Work Duties
15) Follow all prompts to complete your resume. At the bottom of the Completed Resume Page, click Save Resume and Return.
Congratulations, you’ve posted an online resume! To print your resume, scroll to the bottom of the resume page and click “Print.”
16) IMPORTANT: Before exiting HireNet Hawaii, review your background page, which is accessible from your dashboard. Make sure your Education History, Employment History, and Desired Occupation fields are answered.
D. Reminders: Be sure to update your background information and resume as changes occur. You’re not required to print your resume, but probably will find it helpful as a reference, to submit with your job application, and to provide during job interviews.
Eff: 3/30/15/Revised 9/8/15